SLIDE SHOW: METHUEN HOUSE FIRE
Methuen Firefighters responded to a two-alarm fire at 20 Spruce St. early Wednesday morning. The first crew arrived on scene around 1:16 a.m., finding the occupants — a man, woman and 16-month-old child — on the pitched roof of a porch at the front of the two-story house. The fire crew was able to get the family down safely using a ground ladder. Twenty-two Methuen firefighters operating four pumper trucks, a ladder and rescue truck and two ambulances battle the fire bringing it under control in an hour. The blaze caused heavy damage to the house especially to the interior. PHOTOS BY CARL RUSSO.
Chism to be arraigned today for attack on DYS worker
BOSTON -- A Danvers teenager accused of murdering his math teacher last fall will be arraigned today on charges filed after he allegedly attacked and attempted to murder a Department of Youth Services worker while in custody on June 2. Philip Chism,Continued ...
Market Basket standoff 'the ultimate Greek tragedy'
Widespread mini protests and boycotts continue outside Market Basket stores with diminishing stocks and the company board of directors remains mum in a standoff that could carry on for some time. But the next move is anyone's guess. Employees and proContinued ...
Without Market Basket, less fresh food in Lawrence
LAWRENCE — A sign in the window of the Essex Street Market Basket reads, "Save Market Basket" and "#5 Stands With You." Outside people were busy adding their signatures to a petition to reinstate ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas. Inside, the shelves werContinued ...
- Market Basket shoppers turn to other stores
- Council scolds mayor for stifling chief
- Mass ranked first, N.H. fourth in Kids Count report
- Summer school programs becoming popular
- Tuesday, July 22, 2014
- PHOTO SLIDESHOW: MARKET BASKET PROTEST
- Statement from Arthur T. Demoulas
- Salem rail trail project receives boost
- Salem Boys & Club hires new leader
- NH veteran awarded Medal of Honor
- Obama denies exemption urged by Gordon president
- JetBlue pilot among 6 arrested in Boston drug bust
- Missing NH teen home after nine months
- Shaheen meets with veterans affairs nominee
- Police: Duffle bag in parking lot not a bomb
- Monday, July 21, 2014
- Local politicians side with Market Basket workers
- Lawrence robbery suspect also facing charges for Chelmsford hold up
- Putting their jobs on the line
- Nevins Farm takes in 400 birds from 'hoarding situation'
- One sent to hospital after Methuen grill fire
- Revival of river patols results in citations, safety inspections
- PHOTO SLIDESHOW: MARKET BASKET RALLY
- Missing teen back with family nine months later
- UPDATE: Market Basket employees exhorted to shut their stores down
- Rally grows to more than 3,000 at Tewksbury Market Basket
- Forgotten railbed would be remade for bikers and hikers
- Fight spills into Market Basket stores
- Chism due in court in assault case
- Chism to be arraigned today for attack on DYS worker