PLAISTOW — William Bartlett III, 29, remains in critical condition with burns suffered in a fire at his home on Friday. Bartlett was airlifted to Brigham and Women’s hospital after escaping 9 Sugar Hill Road with his dog.
Bartlett’s home was completely destroyed in the blaze. Firefighters still do not know the cause of the fire.
The community has rallied around Bartlett.
The Crow’s Nest Pub and Grill at 181 Plaistow Road is holding a benefit on May 31 with a night of entertainment. There will be a DJ and several raffles, with all profits going to Bartlett and his family.
Bartlett’s neighbor Brian Stack and his sons Brady and Cameron will set up a lemonade stand in their driveway Saturday. All proceeds will go to the Bartlett family.
At the selectmen’s meeting Monday, Town Manager Sean Fitzgerald spoke for the town in support of Bartlett and his family.
“The family is in our thoughts and prayers, and when it’s appropriate, we will certainly be ready to help and support in any way possible,” Fitzgerald said.
— Alex Lippa