This image from video provided by the SITE Intel Group made available Thursday Jan. 17, 2013, purports to show militant militia leader Moktar Belmoktar.
Blaze on Folger Avenue in Beverly ‘like a lumberyard on fire’
BEVERLY — A raging fire destroyed two unoccupied homes on Folger Avenue, melted the siding on several others, and rained burning embers throughout an entire neighborhood Sunday night.Continued ...
Nobody was hurt, according to fire officials, but a family with two young children in the home next door to the fire was forced to temporarily move out.
10 new police officers to hit city's streets
HAVERHILL -- A crop of new faces will be hitting the streets, as Haverhill focuses on responding to complaints about street crime in inner-city neighborhoods. Ten new police officers are joining the force -- filling a mix of new positions and ones tContinued ...
City makes offer to former health department director
METHUEN -- The city has offered a settlement to stave off a potential lawsuit from the former health department director whose salary was essentially eliminated last summer. Details have not yet been released, but the nearly year-long legal tussle ovContinued ...
- Firefighters treated in hazmat incident, homes in Lawrence, Andover evacuated
- Parking changes coming to city
- Police seek tougher penalty for smoking pot in public
- New Hampshire cracks down on extreme speeding
- Gunman in Pamela Smart case gets work release
- Plaistow mourns police chief
- Shaheen seeks expansion of child care tax credits
- Gordon College policy on gays sparks accrediting review
- No injuries in train derailment
- School chief to get contract offer this week
- Friday, July 11, 2014
- Broken water main fixed in Lawrence
- Car hits pole, knocks out power in Methuen
- Lawrence water main breaks, closing parts of Canal street
- Longtime Plaistow police chief dies
- 'White supremacist' arraigned in abuse of step-daughters
- Fire erupts at vacant St. Anne Church in Lawrence
- $260K more coming to city from man's estate
- City appoints first female superior officers
- Mount Washington closes Salem campus
- Police: Man tried to shoot clerk, but gun malfunctioned
- City officer back after suspension
- Salem church expanding to help community
- Historic signposts moved to Pelham roundabouts
- With proper notice, Methuen celltower gets another hearing
- Thursday, July 10, 2014
- Easton Street fire leaves nine people homeless; several firefighters suffer heat exhaustion
- Pregnant woman arraigned for allegedly dealing heroin
- Haverhill police search for would-be armed robber
- Blaze on Folger Avenue in Beverly ‘like a lumberyard on fire’