Buffalo Chicken Dip
Yields about 5 cups
For the dip
2, 10-ounce cans chunk chicken, drained
2, 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup bottled ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot)
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Original recipe suggests:
1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4-inch pieces
1 8-ounce box chicken-flavored crackers
1. Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat until heated through.
2. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing, continuing to stir until well blended and warm.
3. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
5. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on low setting until hot and bubbly.
6. Share it! Serve with celery and crackers.
Note: If you do not have a slow cooker, mix all ingredients until smooth and place in an ovenproof dish and bake at 350 degrees until bubbly hot, about 25 minutes.
A couple of years ago, actress Eva Longoria was on a television talk show to talk about a cookbook she had written. I remember her saying how much she enjoyed cooking. She demonstrated this recipe on the show and I copied it down. I like this version of guacamole as it maintains its “chunkiness.” It’s now my go-to recipe when I want to make guacamole, although I do not add a full chopped Serrano pepper as I prefer a bit less “heat.”
Eva Longoria’s Chunky Guacamole with Serrano Peppers
6 avocados, roughly chopped
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
1/2 large white onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 cup chopped cilantro
1 Serrano chili pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
1. Put ingredients into a large bowl in the order listed so that you end with the lemon juice.
2. Stir gently only after all the ingredients are in the bowl, until well combined.