6. Begin to add the cheeses to milk mixture: 1 cup shredded cheddar, 1 cup shredded Swiss, and garlic cream cheese. Save the Parmesan for just before the dish goes in oven.
7. Mix the cheeses together until they are completely melted, and the mixture becomes a thick cheese sauce.
8. In a greased casserole dish, lay one layer of potatoes down. They do not need to be perfectly flat on the pan. Pour a layer of cheese sauce over the potatoes. Continue to alternate until the potatoes are all used. Make sure to have the top layer be the cheese sauce. This will become golden brown and crispy.
9. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top, and garnish with parsley.
10. Bake at 350ºF for 90 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
Recipe courtesy of Stephanie Smith, Changing Tides Gifts in Gloucester, 2013.