4. Fill a bowl with water. Use 12 drops of food coloring per cup of water for rich colors in the eggs.
5. Allow to sit overnight, and peel the shell the next morning for speckled eggs.
To prepare the Easter Deviled Eggs:
1. Slice the colored, shelled hard boiled eggs in half.
2. Separate yolks from whites using a small spoon or a measuring spoon.
3. Place whites on baking sheet and yolks in a medium sized bowl.
4. To the medium bowl containing the egg yolks, add mustard, sour cream, chives and cheese.
5. Blend until smooth or creamy.
6. Add the butter and blend again until thoroughly combined.
7. Prepare the filling (yolk mixture) by filling a piping bag (or plastic bag with a cut corner) with the yolk mixture.
8. Fill each egg with the mixture with the contents of the piping bag.
9. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
10. Broil for 3-5 minutes, until the tops of the eggs are just turning golden brown.
11. Top each egg with a piece of fried prosciutto.
Recipe courtesy of Jim Bailey, the Yankee Chef, 2013.