A scene from the film "Life of Pi"
Of wooden boats and iron men
Paul Ciaramitaro grew up working on the Gloucester waterfront, in a family where money was hard to come by. His hard-knock life has been marked at various periods by the back-breaking work of both fishing and working on the wharves, by addiction -- nContinued ...
Art Week Boston spreads to Lowell
There's music in the air. Also, possibly, paint. Maybe some acrobats. ArtWeek Boston is returning for the spring season, starting April 25. According to ArtWeek Boston's website, "ArtWeek events are unique in that they tie directly to the community iContinued ...
If dyeing Easter eggs with vinegar and color tablets is feeling old, reach for a new duo: shaving cream and liquid food coloring. It's a tactile project many kids will enjoy -- especially swirling the colors into the cream. "They thought it was reallContinued ...
- Jar of French mountain air fetches $860
- Amid 'Rio 2's' cacophony, the musical numbers shine
- 'Mad Men' end in sight for Weiner with new season
- 'Kitty Genovese' examines infamous murder with brilliant storytelling
- Hello 'Yellow Brick Road'
- Kids need to develop 'mindsight,' not just learn 'stuff.'
- Friday, April 11, 2014
- The year of the prom-posal
- Thursday, April 10, 2014
- US bacon prices rise after virus kills baby pigs
- Steven Colbert will take over for Letterman
- Dear Abby: Man is patient as independent woman struggles with intimacy
- 'Vagina Monologues' returns to Lawrence
- Unplug for the Circus!
- Editor's Picks
- Wednesday, April 9, 2014
- In blind test, soloists like new violins over old ones
- 'Idol' runnerup Ruben Studdard faces reality
- Monday, April 7, 2014
- 'Captain America' sets April record
- Sunday, April 6, 2014
- Great Big World promises Great Big Show
- Filmmakers document 'real life action hero'
- Tinkering and exploring may be the way to a great invention
- Maple sugaring goes high-tech with wireless monitors
- Hospitals reject powerful new painkiller
- Bay State Episcopalians elects new bishop
- Thursday, April 3, 2014
- California style
- No Headline Provided
- Wednesday, April 2, 2014
- A new year of series, specials for Animal Planet
- Crowe meets Anglican leader after 'Noah' premiere
- Monday, March 31, 2014
- 'Noah' rises to top of box office with $44M
- Of wooden boats and iron men