5. Serve with coleslaw and fresh tartar sauce.
For Tartar Sauce:
1. Add mayonnaise to a small-medium bowl.
2. Mince the cucumbers into very small pieces, and place them in the bowl too. Add lemon juice and cayenne pepper to the bowl as well.
3. Mix the ingredients together well.
4. Serve with your favorite seafood.
1. Fill a large mixing bowl with the coleslaw mix, whether it is prepackaged, or fresh chopped vegetables.
2. In a small to medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, apple juice and sugar. Mix together until the ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Add the chopped chives. Mix the dressing together until the ingredients are blended well.
4. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mix. Stir until the mix is completely covered in the dressing.
5. Just before service, add a half of an apple, grated. Mix the apple in to marry it with the rest of the ingredients. Be sure not to add the apple too early, as it will brown the entire dish.
Recipe courtesy of Jim Bailey, The Yankee Chef, 2013.