Lessons from a therapy dog
"A Dog Walks into a Nursing Home," by Sue Halpern c.2013, Riverhead Books, $26.95, 320 pages Sue Halpern had her work cut out for her. When she decided to train her 7-year-old Labradoodle, Pransky, to be a therapy dog, she knew it would be a challenContinued ...
ADHD diagnosis sends parents in search of options besides medications
Dear Doctor, We have a fourth-grade son who has been diagnosed with ADHD. We have been advised to put him on medication. We don't want to do that until we explore different ways of handling it. Can you recommend alternatives? Determined Dear DeterminContinued ...
Dads on Duty
Laura Radocaj was warned when she was pregnant with twins that motherhood would be harder than she imagined -- especially because she planned to go back to work while the twins were still babies. "But this has been the easiest transition," said RadoContinued ...
- Coupon entitlement: Take 2
- Savory asparagus side with a bright note
- Head-turning turtles
- Treat dad to pulled pork sliders
- Chefs' challenge: $10 dinner for 4 in half hour
- Food for Thought: Tuna with an Italian twist
- What's cookin'
- 28 years, and still Counting ...
- Editor's Picks: Highlights of the week as chosen by Managing Editor Tracey Dee Rauh
- Sunday, June 9, 2013
- A Beatles primer for children
- Is aggressiveness hereditary?
- Friday, June 7, 2013
- The ins and outs of overage
- Krasinski says life is weird after 'The Office'
- Thursday, June 6, 2013
- A good film, and true
- Editor's Picks: Highlights of entertainment and recreation as chosen by Managing Editor Tracey Rauh
- Sunday, June 2, 2013
- In theaters now
- Best-selling books
- Poll: Two in five women would consider solo parenting
- Up from Down Under
- Brown's on fire with 'Inferno'
- 'Two and a Half Men' will add a lady in Season 11
- Friday, May 31, 2013
- Another kind of coupon fraud
- Winfrey to Harvard grads: Learn from your failures
- Thursday, May 30, 2013
- A cookie for one on the run or bike
- Razzed and punched up
- Add zest to meals with lemons
- Scalloped potatoes offer cheesy comfort
- Lessons from a therapy dog