Jar of French mountain air fetches $860
BEIJING -- Beijing artist Liang Kegang returned from a business trip in southern France with well-rested lungs and a small item of protest against his home city's choking pollution: a glass jar of clean, Provence air. He put it up for auction beforeContinued ...
Amid 'Rio 2's' cacophony, the musical numbers shine
LOS ANGELES -- Wonderfully animated and well-voiced, "Rio 2" is nevertheless too much. Too much plot, too many issues, too many characters. But not too much music. Yes, the musical numbers reach saturation levels, but the Latin-influenced jamming andContinued ...
'Mad Men' end in sight for Weiner with new season
NEW YORK -- Chat with Matthew Weiner these days and you feel the added depth of his "Mad Men" immersion. When its bifurcated final season begins tonight at 10 p.m. on AMC (with seven episodes, to be followed by seven more next year), the second of thContinued ...
- 'Kitty Genovese' examines infamous murder with brilliant storytelling
- Hello 'Yellow Brick Road'
- Kids need to develop 'mindsight,' not just learn 'stuff.'
- Friday, April 11, 2014
- The year of the prom-posal
- Thursday, April 10, 2014
- US bacon prices rise after virus kills baby pigs
- Steven Colbert will take over for Letterman
- Dear Abby: Man is patient as independent woman struggles with intimacy
- 'Vagina Monologues' returns to Lawrence
- Unplug for the Circus!
- Editor's Picks
- Wednesday, April 9, 2014
- In blind test, soloists like new violins over old ones
- 'Idol' runnerup Ruben Studdard faces reality
- Monday, April 7, 2014
- 'Captain America' sets April record
- Sunday, April 6, 2014
- Great Big World promises Great Big Show
- Filmmakers document 'real life action hero'
- Tinkering and exploring may be the way to a great invention
- Maple sugaring goes high-tech with wireless monitors
- Hospitals reject powerful new painkiller
- Bay State Episcopalians elects new bishop
- Thursday, April 3, 2014
- California style
- No Headline Provided
- Wednesday, April 2, 2014
- A new year of series, specials for Animal Planet
- Crowe meets Anglican leader after 'Noah' premiere
- Monday, March 31, 2014
- 'Noah' rises to top of box office with $44M
- Sunday, March 30, 2014
- Viewers will savor the cinematic meal that is 'The Lunchbox'
- Grandpa's stories present important learning opportunities
- Don't like Irish dance? See 'Heartbeat' anyway
- Jar of French mountain air fetches $860