- Friday, June 27, 2014
Decoding nutrition labels Informed consumers make healthier choices at the grocery store
Take a trip to the grocery store and you'll encounter miles of aisles stocked with thousands of food products. Every product has a story to tell or better yet, sell. Information printed on packages is helpful but it's often confusing and even a bit mContinued ...
Finding connections at farmers markets
Farmers market signs, from the rag-tag to the calligraphed, are popping up along curbs and in rotary gardens like dandelions. For those of you who dismiss these pleas to purchase local produce as an inconvenient path to dinner, I'd like to underlineContinued ...
Lauer defends interview with GM's female CEO
NEW YORK (AP) -- Matt Lauer has responded to criticism for asking General Motors CEO Mary Barra if she can be both a good parent and a good executive by saying he'd have asked a male CEO the same question. Barra was interviewed on Thursday's "Today"Continued ...
- technology can encourage Kids to get outdoors
- SUMMER SENSATIONS A great time for the family needn't empty the wallet
- Feed the family fast, flavorful foods they'll love
- 'Reading Rainbow' gets hand from MacFarlane
- Thursday, June 26, 2014
- Festive opening for Fiesta
- St. Peter's Fiesta Schedule -- 2014
- 'Hellion' is another Lone Star standout
- ABC says Muir replacing Sawyer at 'World News'
- Wednesday, June 25, 2014
- Lunden has breast cancer, is in 'warrior mode'
- Monday, June 23, 2014
- 'Think Like a Man' tops 'Jersey Boys' with $30M
- Sunday, June 22, 2014
- 'Music is transformative'
- 'The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee' at the Firehouse: Fun. F-U-N. Fun.
- The 'unexpected second career'
- American Training's Second Annual Celebrate Good Times Gala
- Big list of summer reading
- Doc says finding forgiveness important
- Quota International of Lawrence District 29 Conference
- Friday, June 20, 2014
- A potato salad that’s patriotic and tasty
- Sweet potato salad is full of fiber and flavor, low in fat
- Whole grain packs in protein
- Cookbook author fighting Alzheimer's with food
- Fruity shrimp cocktail suited for a summer picnic
- Thursday, June 19, 2014
- More than 'Fish Tales'
- 'Jersey Boys' entertains, but doesn't hit a crescendo
- Costello brings solo show to Capitol Center
- Other ballot initiatives
- Fun with a French farce