Waves, brought by Hurricane Sandy, crash on a house in the Caribbean Terrace neighborhood in eastern Kingston, Jamaica, Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2012. Hurricane Sandy pounded Jamaica with heavy rain as it headed for landfall near the country's most populous city on a track that would carry it across the Caribbean island to Cuba, and a possible threat to Florida. (AP Photo/Collin Reid)
Ex-IT director gets year in prison
LAWRENCE -- The former director of the city's Information Technology Department will spend a year in federal prison and was ordered to pay $465,000 in restitution after he pleaded guilty to cheating Lawrence out of hundreds of thousands of dollars inContinued ...
Thousands due to lose federal unemployment benefits Dec. 28
HAVERHILL -- Arthur Chilingirian, director of ValleyWorks Career Center, is gearing up to assist some of the 58,000 people in Massachusetts who are due to lose their federal unemployment benefits at the end of the month. "It's a bad time of year forContinued ...
Haverhill man indicted in alleged murder
HAVERHILL -- A Haverhill man has been indicted by an Essex County Grand Jury for the alleged murder of a New Hampshire resident in October. Philip Lucas DeFusco, 21, will have his case moved to the Superior Court level, after a grand jury on Monday iContinued ...
- 'With gratitude for blessings of grandchildren'
- Merrimack Valley Police Logs
- Sense of Wonder hosts Sleepwear Drive for Lazarus House
- Study backs pets as presents, but holdouts remain
- Wednesday, December 18, 2013
- Snow grinds traffic to a halt -- except for ATV joy riders
- Salisbury Beach's northern end seeing real estate resurgence
- Influential country singer Ray Price dead at 87
- Police logs
- Jury acquits man in Andover 'modeling agency' hotel rape
- Noise complaints prompt board to delay Smolak Farms' license renewal
- Chaisson absent for last 4 meetings of term
- Two plead guilty to Social Security fraud
- 'Nollaig Shona Dhuit ... from Ancient Order of Hibernians'
- Steward Health Care workers reach deal
- Run to the Beach set to step off March 16
- Former CFO of Merrimack Education Center charged with pension fraud
- Tip leads to gun seizure, firearms possession arrest
- Lawrence woman indicted on fraud charge
- Tuesday, December 17, 2013
- Three colleges team up to provide a path to education
- He's got game
- Sen. Warren will deliver oath to Rivera on Jan. 3
- Town set to begin making $4 million in energy conservation improvements
- Woman allegedly stole electronics from Target
- First Light Concert moved to March
- NECC gets $900K to fix alleys, sidewalks
- Christmas comes early for package snatchers
- Average tax hike $136 for Methuen homeowners
- Ex-IT director gets year in prison