EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

Merrimack Valley

May 16, 2013

Defense wants search evidence tossed in child rape, porn case

(Continued)

In the motion to suppress, Lefebre signed a document indicating he did not “consent” to his home being searched that day, he did not recall being shown a search warrant and he did not make any voluntary statements to police.

Burke wrote the facts included in McMenamon’s search warrant affidavit “do not establish a time frame as to when the alleged criminal acts occurred.” While the victim told her parents the abuse had been going on for four years, “the affidavit does not state when the most recent incident occurred,” Burke wrote.

The abuse allegedly occurred in Lefebre’s home. Burke wrote, “There is no reference in the affidavit as to when the alleged victim had last been at the defendant’s house.”

A hearing on the motion will be held on June 18 in Salem Superior Court. Witnesses may be called to testify during the hearing.

Police said previously Lefebre is a retired information technology professional who had been working as a computer repairman at the time of his arrest.

The girl disclosed the alleged abuse of a therapist on July 10, saying Lefebre made her sit on his lap while watching pornography and touched her under her clothes, police said.

During a review of items taken from Lefebre’s home, a state trooper found pictures of a man performing sex acts on a child. Upon inspecting the videos, local police identified the man as Lefebre.

When he was arrested, Lefebre had a list of area defense lawyers in his pocket, according to police.

Follow staff reporter Jill Harmacinski on Twitter under the screenname EagleTribJill.

Text Only | Photo Reprints
Merrimack Valley

Eagle-Tribune News Videos
Photos of the Week