SLIDE SHOW: HOOPS FOR HOPE FINALE
Central Catholic girls defeated Billerica 42-28 to claim the Hoops For Hope title in the championship basketball game Tuesday night. Central's Courtney Walsh led all scorers with 12 points. In boys' action, Preps I defeated Andover 61-60 in a scorcher of a game for the title. Andover's David Giribaldi, winner of the Mark Maher MVP award, led all scorers with 25 points. Preps I, Johnny Spears led his team with 20 points. CARL RUSSO PHOTOS.
Arthur T. Demoulas' offer only one under consideration
The offer former Market Basket CEO Arthur T. Demoulas made to purchase the other half of the 71-store private supermarket chain from his cousin's family is the only one currently under consideration, a financial expert close to both sides of the talkContinued ...
North Andover's new 'Field of Dreams'
NORTH ANDOVER -- Bill McEvoy smiled a lot and there is no doubt he would have been smiling broadly if he were at the official groundbreaking of McEvoy Field in town yesterday. The man who spent six-plus decades helping kids and sponsoring recreationContinued ...
City man remains in critical condition
LAWRENCE – The 20-year-old city man who nearly drowned in a Portsmouth, N.H., water park Saturday remained in critical condition yesterday at Portsmouth Regional Hospital, a cousin said. Gregorio “Junior” Ortega, went to the Water Country park with tContinued ...
- Chism attorney challenges legislation as unconstitutional
- Some Market Basket neighbors see sales slump
- Chism attorney wants 'youthful offender' indictments dismissed
- Lawrence man critical after Water Country wave pool rescue
- Market Basket managers say they'll quit unless Arthur T. returns
- Neighbors still unconvinced on new dorms
- Police: Alleged bank robber threatened to shoot teller
- Former law student gets jail term for stealing jewels
- Police log
- MBTA officer charged in Salem, Methuen pursuits
- Monday, July 28, 2014
- Store managers commit to quit
- Flood insurance changes could leave coastal properties vulnerable
- Lawrence man nearly drowns at Water Country
- Market Basket feud hits local farms hard
- Market Basket shoppers look for food elsewhere
- Two downtown Andover businesses closing; Departure of photo shop, boutique will add to existing vacancies
- Bittersweet retirement: Andover's Abbey Bridal to close doors after 35 years of weddings
- Ortiz catches more heat, Sox end Tampa's streak
- Billerica's Glavine leads momentous day at Hall of Fame
- Tisei's political funds seek to balance Republican, LGBT loyalties
- North Andover eyes dog park site
- LeBron James ditches No. 6 jersey, will again sport No. 23
- Woman with Alzheimer's disease distrustful of some in-home aides
- Sunday, July 27, 2014
- SNAKE EYES
- 'I can feel when a song meets that place'
- Around the World & Nation
- ROCK-SOLID The Rock overcame severe injuries before filming 'Hercules'
- Arthur T. Demoulas' offer only one under consideration