SOUTH BROADWAY FIRE
With the temperature around 15 degrees and a steady wind, Lawrence firefighters and mutual aid from a dozen communities battled a smoky four alarm fire at the intersection of South Broadway and Kingston Street in Lawrence Thursday evening. CARL RUSSO PHOTOS.
UMass-Lowell students race concrete canoes in national contest
LOWELL -- It's a 132 lb. canoe made of concrete. But it floats -- so well, in fact, that 20 area college students will race their physics-defying vessel in a national competition this week. "I thought concrete was heavy," said David Nader of Andover,Continued ...
Lawrence club hit with probation after ejecting fire inspectors
LAWRENCE -- A popular downtown nightclub has been put on six months probation after fire inspectors said its owners aggressively confronted them on recent visits, once trying to block them from entering and another time throwing them out as they docuContinued ...
Jajuga one of several City Council challengers
METHUEN -- Former state senator James Jajuga and recent college graduate Daniel Grayton are among the five candidates preparing a run for one of three at-large seats on the City Council. Seven of nine incumbent councilors are expected to seek reelectContinued ...
- Workforce board gets $200K EPA grant
- Bennington Street fire caused by overturned gas container
- Assisted living center nears completion
- GLTS raises over $5K for One Fund
- Construction of new Dunkin' Donuts on Route 125 moves forward
- Police find man shot in arm
- Credit union collects 910 children's books
- Pair face multiple burglary charges
- James, Allen save Heat in overtime Finals classic
- Markey, Gomez clash in final Senate debate
- Tuesday, June 18, 2013
- Lawrence cop indicted in NH on child sex charge
- Submarine veteran pens book about close calls with Soviets, sharks, Mother Nature
- Under mayor's budget, average tax hike likely $100
- Indie film shoots in law school's mock court
- Bistro loses liquor license for month
- Lawrence man charged with fraud, larceny
- Ex-Methuen mayor to be Seabrook town manager
- Stevens Pond to open Monday
- Merrimack Valley Police Log
- Review finds lax oversight at garages
- Lawrence student joins Northern Essex trustees
- Monday, June 17, 2013
- Zoning board must rehear Smartfuel request to relocate
- An encounter with 'Iron Man'
- Marathon bombing victim Jeff Bauman to be honored at dinner
- Youth center upgrades proposed
- CBS ends national broadcast of July 4 Pops concert
- Lawrence to host fitness day at city park
- UMass-Lowell students race concrete canoes in national contest