Standing from left to right are personal care assistants Laurie Swane of Hadley, Caroline Craig of Weymouth, Wadson Michel of Woburn and Vicente de la Rosa of Lawrence honored last month with the Paul Kahn Award for PCA Service at an event at the State House. They are with Joe Bellil of the PCA Workforce Council and Christine Griffin, Assistant EOHHS Secretary for Disability Policy and Programs and Council Chair.
Lawrence man critical after Water Country wave pool rescue
LAWRENCE -- A 20-year-old Lawrence man is fighting for his life in a Seacoast hospital after nearly drowning in a "packed pool" at Water Country on Saturday, according to a family member. Gregorio "Junior" Ortega remained in critical condition and inContinued ...
Market Basket managers say they'll quit unless Arthur T. returns
Dozens of Market Basket store managers on Monday signed petitions promising to resign if former CEO Arthur T. Demoulas is not reinstated or if the company is sold to another buyer, managers and former employees said. Couriers working for the protestiContinued ...
Neighbors still unconvinced on new dorms
NORTH ANDOVER -- Despite rainy conditions, turnout was high for Merrimack College's final neighborhood discussion meeting about the new dorms they plan to build in the fall. On June 12, Merrimack officials presented plans to develop land for housingContinued ...
- MBTA officer charged in Salem, Methuen pursuits
- Police: Alleged bank robber threatened to shoot teller
- Former law student gets jail term for stealing jewels
- Police log
- Monday, July 28, 2014
- Store managers commit to quit
- Flood insurance changes could leave coastal properties vulnerable
- Lawrence man nearly drowns at Water Country
- Market Basket feud hits local farms hard
- Market Basket shoppers look for food elsewhere
- Two downtown Andover businesses closing; Departure of photo shop, boutique will add to existing vacancies
- Bittersweet retirement: Andover's Abbey Bridal to close doors after 35 years of weddings
- Ortiz catches more heat, Sox end Tampa's streak
- Billerica's Glavine leads momentous day at Hall of Fame
- Tisei's political funds seek to balance Republican, LGBT loyalties
- North Andover eyes dog park site
- LeBron James ditches No. 6 jersey, will again sport No. 23
- Woman with Alzheimer's disease distrustful of some in-home aides
- Sunday, July 27, 2014
- SNAKE EYES
- ROCK-SOLID The Rock overcame severe injuries before filming 'Hercules'
- 'I can feel when a song meets that place'
- Around the World & Nation
- Saturday, July 26, 2014
- 'Just one of the boys'
- July keeps firefighters busy
- Methuen native travels to Ghana for global health project
- Campaign Notebook
- Arthur vs. Arthur
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: Expert says Arthur T's return unlikely
- Lawrence man critical after Water Country wave pool rescue