SALEM LITTLE LEAGUE IN ACTION
Salem Little Leaguers were defeated 19-7 in baseball action by the town of Rye for the New Hampshire state championship Wednesday night. CARL RUSSO PHOTOS.
Proposed cuts target teacher aides
ANDOVER -- Zoe Porter choked back tears as she faced plans to cut her and nearly 50 other instructional assistants from the school budget next year, saying the decision would also affect the autistic child she works with every day. "It took months, bContinued ...
In the belly of the whale
LAWRENCE -- It is school vacation week and probably no better time to get a closeup view of a whale -- a life-sized replica of a humpback whale, that is. Thanks to the Whalemobile, children in Community Day Learning's Latchkey Enrichment Program, werContinued ...
Interim chief pushes for minority officers
LAWRENCE -- Interim Police Chief James Fitzpatrick is adding two Latino officers to the force and asking state Attorney General Martha Coakley to investigate hiring and promotion patterns in the Police Department following new allegations of racial dContinued ...
- Spanning generations: WWII vet helps welcome home Afghan soldier
- Smedile gathering signatures for state rep run
- Suspect in dentist office break-in caught on tape
- IRS lockdown caused by herbal supplement
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014
- Council OK's new planning nominee
- Suspicious powder forces lockdown at IRS
- Beach residents await sand from DCR
- UMass Lowell 'adopts' real-life River Hawks
- Lifesaving skills demonstrated at Boys & Girls Club
- Merrimac man charged with driving after license revocation
- Solomon contract, settlement OKd
- German village remembers Lawrence airman, flight crew
- TV, Internet viewers can pose questions
- Bruins manhandle Wings, taking the lead in series
- Let's take a hike
- Bay State restricts new painkiller
- Kappy's brass backing Finegold's bid for treasurer
- GOP booster cited for excess contributions
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014
- Bond bill may send $35.5M to Haverhill
- We Run Together
- Brush fires delay trains
- Council resumes hearing today
- Renters face squeeze from too few affordable units
- State will sponsor Salem job fair
- Monday, April 21, 2014
- 'It could have been my family'
- First North Andover veterans housing in 50 years to be called Freedom House
- Rivera, council spar over nominee
- Proposed cuts target teacher aides