David Lanteigne holds his pit bull Lilly during their visit to the MSPCA summer camp. In May, Lilly dragged Lanteigne's mother, who was unconscious, from the path of an oncoming train in Shirley, Mass.
First North Andover veterans housing in 50 years to be called Freedom House
NORTH ANDOVER -- Freedom prevailed. During the last few weeks, several names were suggested for the veterans housing that's taking shape at 138 High St., but when it came time for a decision, the Patriotic Observance Committee voted unanimously WedneContinued ...
Rivera, council spar over nominee
LAWRENCE -- Mayor Daniel Rivera and a City Council led by a new president with an assertive style are headed for what could be a first showdown tomorrow, when a closely divided council has signaled it may reject his choice for city planning director.Continued ...
Methuen mayor will pitch IT proposal
METHUEN -- Mayor Stephen Zanni plans to detail his proposal to privatize the city's information technology department tomorrow night to the City Council, which will set a public hearing on the plan likely for later this month. Zanni's first major pusContinued ...
- Zero Waste Day returns May 3
- Tower Hill Neighborhood Association meeting Wednesday
- Lure of gambling is strong among elderly for many reasons
- Sound Off
- On eve of marathon, festivities and tight security
- Sunday, April 20, 2014
- 'It could have been my family'
- Send us your Boston Marathon experience
- 'I knew I wanted to do something...'
- Mayor Zanni says he won't participate in stadium advisory board
- Animal Rights Day promotes volunteerism, animal adoption and cruelty free products
- Body found by highway ID'd as missing boy
- Homes and businesses lose power
- Saturday, April 19, 2014
- Andover church moving services to arts center to accommodate holiday crowds
- Bail set at $50K for Rollins School lockdown suspect
- Methuen resident wins big money on popular game show
- Marathon runners raising funds for Ironstone Farm
- Boaters urged to use caution at bridge
- Another run for the finish line
- Massachusetts firm accused of running pyramid scheme
- A TIMELINE OF THE 2013 MARATHON EVENTS
- Mayor objects to casino licensing process
- Rare sighting of bowhead whale in Cape Cod Bay
- Boston prepares for huge influx of marathon visitors
- Friday, April 18, 2014
- Lawrence man pleads guilty to gun possession
- 26.2 miles of disease-ending desire
- Lawrence High School juniors encouraged to attend college
- Emerald Pines project clears final local hurdle
- First North Andover veterans housing in 50 years to be called Freedom House