Rose Matias, top left, a freshman at Daniel Webster College, and her family are trying to survive after their home was destroyed in the Lafayette Avenue fire in Lawrence last Friday night. Rose sits on the bed with her sister, Heydi Almonte, 9. From left, other members in their Comfort Suites room are Rose's aunt, Minilda Jimenez; her other sister, Daley Matias, 17; her mother, Katti Matais and her grandmother, Elsa Susana.
Market Basket feud hits local farms hard
METHUEN -- When the produce disappears from the shelves of a major supermarket chain, it could be considered a dream come true for farm stand proprietors. But for the farmers who sell their produce to that supermarket chain, a boycott can turn into aContinued ...
Market Basket shoppers look for food elsewhere
Andover woman Delilah Magardo said she has started shopping at her local Stop & Shop since the Market Basket saga began. "The prices are too high," she commented. Magardo was one of the many that had to shop at another grocery store this weekend duContinued ...
Two downtown Andover businesses closing; Departure of photo shop, boutique will add to existing vacancies
ANDOVER -- The closing of Abbey Bridal Shoppe is just one of a handful of changes taking place in the Andover business community. Andover Photo at 27 Barnard St. is set to close at the end of the week as the owner is also retiring. The store opened iContinued ...
- Bittersweet retirement: Andover's Abbey Bridal to close doors after 35 years of weddings
- Ortiz catches more heat, Sox end Tampa's streak
- Billerica's Glavine leads momentous day at Hall of Fame
- Tisei's political funds seek to balance Republican, LGBT loyalties
- North Andover eyes dog park site
- LeBron James ditches No. 6 jersey, will again sport No. 23
- Woman with Alzheimer's disease distrustful of some in-home aides
- Sunday, July 27, 2014
- SNAKE EYES
- ROCK-SOLID The Rock overcame severe injuries before filming 'Hercules'
- 'I can feel when a song meets that place'
- Around the World & Nation
- Saturday, July 26, 2014
- 'Just one of the boys'
- July keeps firefighters busy
- Methuen native travels to Ghana for global health project
- Campaign Notebook
- Arthur vs. Arthur
- WEB EXCLUSIVE: Expert says Arthur T's return unlikely
- Gateway goes green
- Holy Family, Merrimack Valley hospitals complete merger
- Friday, July 25, 2014
- Rally attracts 10,000 members of the 'family'
- Market Basket board considers purchase offer
- Armed bank robber arrested in North Andover
- Dog makes brave recovery from severe burns
- Breakdown lane will be closed for rotary project in Methuen
- UPDATE: Up to 10,000 people estimated at Market Basket rally
- UPDATE: Drama builds today in Market Basket saga
- National Night Out set for Aug. 5
- Market Basket feud hits local farms hard