EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

Breaking News

Merrimack Valley

August 10, 2012

Bad trip: LSD-fueled camping foray goes badly awry

Face bite, Tasering, arrests in Andover woods

ANDOVER — As if she were modelling, Amanda Norcia pulled back her long hair to offer a better view of the right side of her face.

But what she was displaying to a Lawrence District Court judge was the angry red mark impressed into her cheek when she says her boyfriend bit her face during a drug-infused, predawn “hook-up” at a secluded Andover campsite.

Norcia, 20, of Floyd Street, Everett, called police around 3:15 a.m. yesterday from inside a car to report that she and boyfriend Brendon Gibson, 24, of 3102 Harvest Drive, North Andover, were on drugs and that Gibson had gone running into the woods after biting her and she feared he would return, according to a police report. She said she couldn’t say exactly where they were.

“They were high taking LSD and during this time the defendant bit her on the face and she stated he tried to take the skin away from under her eye,” Assistant District Attorney Beth McCarthy said during the couple’s arraignment yesterday afternoon.

Norcia’s call prompted a nearly two-hour police search.

“Norcia stated that she was in the vehicle, that Mr. Gibson had run off into the woods, and that she is very afraid that he was going to come back,” Patrolman Eric Milligan wrote in his report.

The couple were found by Tewksbury and state police around 5:15 a.m. at Serio’s Grove Reservation. Andover police responded shortly thereafter.

Gibson, who was naked and covered in feces at the time police found him, became combative and was pepper-sprayed and Tasered twice by Tewksbury police, according to Andover Lt. Commander James Hashem.

Gibson was charged with possession of heroin with intent to distribute, assault and battery on a household member, assault and battery on a police officer, resisting arrest, trespassing and mayhem. He was transported to Lawrence General Hospital for treatment and was returned to police custody around 10 a.m. yesterday.

Text Only | Photo Reprints
Merrimack Valley

Eagle-Tribune News Videos
Photos of the Week