By Dustin Luca and Mark Vogler, Staff Writers
---- — A fire on Fosters Pond Road last Friday that displaced four Andover residents has been deemed “electrical in nature,” according to a fire official.
It will be some time before a family of four displaced by the fire can return home. The fire was confined to the building’s basement and caused around $100,000 in damage, according to Fire Chief Mike Mansfield.
The two-alarm basement fire broke out at 4 Fosters Pond Road on Jan. 25. The residents were already out of the home when the first crews arrived.
Town firefighters needed additional help in battling the fire because of the frigid temperatures. Units from Lawrence, Wilmington and North Andover provided station coverage during the fire. The fire was under control by 7:30 a.m.
A firefighter was taken to Lawrence General Hospital for back injuries after slipping on ice outside the home, Mansfield said.