EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

September 27, 2013

Threat delays Pelham Memorial School start


The Eagle-Tribune

---- — PELHAM — A bomb threat called in to Pelham Elementary School yesterday morning diverted students to Memorial School and delayed the start of classes.

A school secretary reported receiving a telephone call at 8:07 a.m. from a man, reporting there was a bomb in the school, police said.

School was not yet in session, but staff members and a few early-arriving students already had been evacuated when police and fire arrived. They went to the Memorial School gym, the same place students arriving by bus and car were sent.

Memorial School and the high school were told to shelter in place as a precaution, police said.

The exterior was searched, then staff members were asked to search their areas for anything unusual. Police and fire personnel searched the inteior and once the building was cleared, students returned and started their school day.

Police said they are investigating the source of the call and are following several leads.