EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

New Hampshire

February 5, 2013

Pelham man recovering from explosion

(Continued)

“They were all excited to go to the fishing derby,” Hamlin said. “They were excited, just like kids, to sleep in the bob-house.”

Hamlin said he loved to fish with his son-in-law. They last fished together Saturday afternoon and he was to meet him at 7:30 a.m. Sunday for breakfast.

Gagne especially liked to use his grandfather’s old ice-fishing equipment, Hamlin said.

“It was just something that was special to him,” Hamlin said. “He just loves to fish.”

Gagne, a Pelham High School graduate, owns a local landscaping company, Gagne Landscaping. He is the son of

Richard and Gail Gagne of Pellham.

Gilford fire Chief Stephen Carrier said they are still not sure how explosion occurred, whether it was an electrical malfunction or caused by accumulation of propane in the small bob-house.

Gilford authorities received a 911 from a resident, who reported a loud noise and screaming about 100 yards from shore, Carrier said.

When firefighters arrived, they found the two dazed, burned men at the resident’s home, Carrier said. An ambulance rushed them to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia; Gagne was then flown to Brigham and Women’s.

Fitzpatrick has since been released from the hospital, Carrier said.

Text Only | Photo Reprints
New Hampshire

ET Videos