PLAISTOW – Fire damaged a Coach Company bus yesterday morning.
“Nobody was on board,” Plaistow fire Chief John McArdle said. “There were no injuries.”
Firefighters were called shortly after 6 a.m. for a reported bus fire on Haseltine Avenue.
“The bus had just left when the driver smelled the odor of burning plastic,” McArdle said.
The fire was in the engine compartment. There was smoke damage in the bus cabin.
The fire didn’t pose trouble for morning commuters.
“This occurred at a point where the driver could get on a side road, out of the way of most of the commuting traffic,” McArdle said.