EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

New Hampshire

January 10, 2013

Win $500 toward home heating bill in SARL raffle

SALEM — Salem Animal Rescue League is holding a “Cold Nose, Warm House” home heating raffle, with tickets on sale through Jan. 26.

The winner gets $500 toward his or her home heating bill.

Tickets are $10 apiece and available at sarl-nh.org. Click “News and Events.”

Ticket holders can live anywhere in the country. SARL will coordinate with the winner’s heating provider.

Stay warm and toasty with SARL this winter by entering to win $500 towards your home heating bill.

All proceeds will go directly toward helping the many homeless animals under SARL’s care.

Only houses/apartments/condos using registered heating utility providers (oil, natural gas, propane, etc.) are eligible. SARL will send payment to the winner’s provider.

Pelham names recycling chief

PELHAM — A veteran waste management official is the new chief of the town recycling center.

Stan Walczak said he started his new duties Jan. 2. Walczak replaced Ron Hannon, who resigned last year.

“We are basically going to try and have a team approach, work more efficiently and be user friendly,” Walczak said.

He does not anticipate any major changes in recycling center operations.

“We want to continue to do a good job, as we do now,” he said.

Walczak said he has about a dozen years experience, previously working with two companies in Massachusetts, BFI Allied Republic in Tyngsborough and Russell Disposal in Somerville.

Checklist supervisors meet Jan. 22

SALEM — The Supervisors of the Checklist will meet Tuesday, Jan. 22, to update the town’s list of registered voters.

Residents can register to vote, make changes or corrections, or switch their party affiliation between 7 and 8 p.m. on the lower level of Town Hall.

Photo identification, such as a driver’s license, and proof of residency are required. Naturalized citizens must show a passport or citizenship papers.

Copies of the list are available for review at the Kelley Library reference desk or at the town clerk’s office.

Text Only | Photo Reprints
New Hampshire

ET Videos