EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

February 22, 2013

Sanborn students dismissed after possible threat

By Doug Ireland
direland@eagletribune.com

---- — KINGSTON — Authorities are investigating a possible bomb threat yesterday at Sanborn Regional High School that prompted school officials to dismiss students for the day.

Students and staff were moved to another part of the building about 11:45 a.m. as police and a K-9 unit investigated the property. Nothing had been found as of 1:30 p.m., according to Rockingham County Sheriff Michael Downing.

“We are continuing to investigate,” he said.

Downing said authorities were notified after a threatening message was spotted on a wall inside the school.

Parents were sent an automated message shortly after noon, notifying them students would be dismissed at 12:45 p.m., according to principal Brian Stack.

“We did have an incident at the school,” Stack said about 12:30 p.m. “Our students are safe and accounted for.”

He confirmed later in the day that a possible bomb threat was investigated.

The Sheriff’s Department responded to the incident along with Kingston police and emergency personnel. Stack said school officials will work with authorities to identify who is responsible for leaving the message.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Kingston police at 642-5742.

Although classes were dismissed for the day, Stack said the school would be open for all afternoon and evening activities, including athletic practices.

Classes will resume today and Winter Carnival festivities will continue as scheduled, he said.