---- — WINDHAM — An overheated solenoid on an air-conditioning unit forced the evacuation of several businesses in Village Green Plaza Wednesday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to Capri Pizza, 33 Indian Rock Road, at 3:17 p.m. for a report of smoke in the building, fire Chief Tom McPherson said.
Firefighters found light smoke coming from the front door of the restaurant and evacuated nearby businesses. Using a thermal imaging camera, firefighters found the overheated solenoid and ventilated the restaurant.
Due to the extreme heat, McPherson said, Salem and Derry were called in to assist at the scene. Londonderry firefighters provided station coverage.
No damage was reported.
Gale Library has lots to offer
NEWTON — Next week the Summer Reading Program at Gale Library will explore some of the things to be found under the surface with “Just Dig It.”
On Monday at 2 p.m., teens and tweens can “Go Beneath the Surface” and explore the Steampunk Style. Stop in to learn how to create an unique bracelet with mechanical accents.
All ages can come make Sand Art on Monday at 6:30 p.m. Use colored sand to make original pictures or color in a prepared piece with sand.
On Wednesday at 2 p.m. make glow-in-the-dark terrariums using mainly live materials and a special creature that will glow in the dark. All materials will be provided; sign up for this program.
Calling all flying fairies to Atkinson
ATKINSON — Kimball Library “digs” flying fairies and invites them to Fairy Frolics Thursday at 6:30 p.m.
This event, for children in kindergarten through fifth grade, requires preregistration.
Sign up early.
Dress in your best tutu and fly to the library for this fun-filled event.
Create enchanted crafts, enjoy fairy fun games and delight in magical treats
Call the library at 362-5234. The library is at 5 Academy Ave.