SALEM — Eight people were left homeless after a fire last night at 21 Senter St. heavily damaged a one-story home, fire officials said.
The fire started in a garage attached to the ranch-style home, fire officials said, and spread to the home through the attic.
No cause has been determined; the fire marshal is on the scene this morning.
A 911 call came in at 8:25 p.m. and when firefighters arrived, the garage was in flames, a fire official said today.
Firefighters from Derry, Windham and Methuen helped Salem firefighters battle the blaze, which was brought under control about an hour later. Pelham and Hampstead provided station coverage.
People were home at the time, but everyone got out safely.