By Doug Ireland
---- — A Danville man pleaded not guilty yesterday to threatening students with a handgun in the Sanborn Regional High School parking lot in Kingston last month.
Timothy Soucy, 18, was arraigned on three counts of criminal threatening and a single count of disorderly conduct in 10th Circuit Court in Plaistow.
Soucy has been free on $10,000 personal recognizance after an incident Sept. 30 that led to the school being locked down for nearly an hour, according to Lt. Christopher Vetter of the New Hampshire State Police.
Officers from nearly a dozen law enforcement agencies responded to the school about 12:15 p.m. that day.
Police were called after a student reported the threat to an administrator, Superintendent Brian Blake said. Classes resumed after the lockdown ended, he said.
Soucy graduated from the school last year.
State police, who are prosecuting the case, continue to investigate the incident, Vetter said yesterday.
“We haven’t spoken to all the potential witnesses,” he said.
Soucy, who does not have a lawyer, has applied for a public defender to represent him, Vetter said. Soucy was ordered not to have any contact with several people involved in the case, he said.
Soucy was arrested at his home shortly after the incident. State police took an unidentified woman into custody, but she was released and does not face charges.
No weapon was found on school property, Blake said. Police would not say if a gun was confiscated when Soucy was arrested or reveal a possible motive for the threats.
Soucy is scheduled to return to court in December for a pretrial conference.