EagleTribune.com, North Andover, MA

New Hampshire archives

January 18, 2008

Man badly burned in kerosene explosion

PLAISTOW - An Old County Road man suffered burns to his face and hands when a kerosene water heater exploded yesterday afternoon, said fire Chief John McArdle.



The man, who police identified as Victor McKinney, was lighting the heater in the basement of his home at 28 Old County Road when gas in the area "flashed on him," McArdle said.



The victim was conscious and yelled to his wife to call 911, McArdle said. Emergency crews transported him to Lawrence General Hospital, and he was flown from there by MedFlight helicopter to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston where he was in fair condition last night.



Fire crews extinguished small fires sparked by the explosion, but the house did not catch fire, McArdle said.

1
Text Only | Photo Reprints
Latest News
New Hampshire archives

NDN Video
Crash Kills Teen Pilot Seeking World Record LeBron James Sends Apology Treat to Neighbors Raw: Funeral for Man Who Died in NYPD Custody Migrants Back in Honduras After US Deports Israeli American Reservist Torn Over Return Raw: ISS Cargo Ship Launches in Kazakhstan Six Indicted in StubHub Hacking Scheme Former NTSB Official: FAA Ban 'prudent' EPA Gets Hip With Kardashian Tweet Bodies of MH17 Victims Arrive in the Netherlands Biden Decries Voting Restrictions in NAACP Talk Broncos Owner Steps Down Due to Alzheimer's US, UN Push Shuttle Diplomacy in Mideast Trump: DC Hotel Will Be Among World's Best Plane Crashes in Taiwan, Dozens Feared Dead Republicans Hold a Hearing on IRS Lost Emails Raw: Mourners Gather As MH17 Bodies Transported Robot Parking Valet Creates Stress-free Travel Raw: Fight Breaks Out in Ukraine Parliament Disabled Veterans Memorial Nearing Completion
Photos of the Week