- All files must be jpegs.
- The best quality photo is a digital original, a jpeg file downloaded directly from a camera, smartphone, or online gallery.
- Scans or digital originals must be at least 200 dpi resolution
- Photo prints should be at least 3 x 4 inches on scan bed
- Scanning a photo that is laminated or in a frame.
- Using a smartphone or camera to take a photo of the photo.
- Scanning a photo that was already printed on regular paper, such as from a yearbook, newspaper, journal, or a color copy of the hardcopy.
IMPORTANT: Photos that already have dark tones will be even darker after printing on gray newsprint.
If the quality of a submitted photo is too poor to reproduce in the newspaper, we will make an effort to contact the customer. If the customer is unable to furnish a higher-quality photo, we reserve the right to run the obituary without the photo. The customer will be refunded for associated photo cost.