Groveland, MA — Frank E. Wright, Jr., 98, passed away on October 23, 2012, at Penacook Place. Mr. Wright was the husband of the late Virginia R. (Ruggles) Wright to whom he was married for 74 years.
Born in Swampscott, Mass., on April 15, 1914, he was the son of the late Frank E. Sr. and Grace (Osgood) Wright.
Mr. Wright was a graduate of Tilton Academy, Bailey Military Academy, and the General Electric Apprentice School. He worked as a design specialist at GTE Research & Development and as a machine designer for General Electric before his retirement in 1979. Mr. Wright was a member, trustee, church school superintendent and member of the Education Committee of the Universalist Unitarian Church. Mr. Wright was a member of the Boy Scouts and former cub master of the Lone Tree Council and for 14 years was a trustee of the Langley Adams Library. He was a volunteer driver for the Northern Essex Elder Transport, former board member of the West Newbury Forum, member of the New England Genealogical Society, and the Haverhill, Groveland and Georgetown Historical Societies.
Mr. Wright is survived by his children, Mary Kranyak and husband, Michael, of Stratford, Conn., Frank W. Wright, of York, Maine, Timothy R. Wright, of Groveland; granddaughters, Connie Dimko and Margaret Wright, and several nieces and nephews. Mr. Wright was the brother of the late Kenneth Wright and Joan Romnes, and is a direct descendant of Robert Clement who was one of Haverhill’s original founders.
ARRANGEMENTS: Friends are invited to attend a memorial service on Monday, April 15, at 11:30 a.m. at Dole, Childs & Shaw Funeral Home, 148 Main St., Haverhill. Internment is at Pine Grove Cemetery, at a date to be announced. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Universalist Unitarian Church, 15 Kenoza Ave., Haverhill, MA, 01830. Online condolences may be sent to www.dcsfuneralhome.com.