PHOTO SLIDESHOW: ANDOVER VS CENTRAL IN BASKETBALL ACTION
A large (standing room only) crowd packed the Dunn Gymnasium at Andover high to watch Andover high battle against Central Catholic high in Friday night basketball action. Andover fought hard to keep the game close in the first half but Central pulled away and defeated Andover 58-37. CARL RUSSO PHOTOS.
Leavitt shoots a record 60 at Atkinson Country Club
Former Central Catholic great and current URI standout Joe Leavitt shot a course-record 60 at the par-72 Atkinson Resort and Country Club yesterday. The Atkinson resident didn't go out and celebrate afterward. "I'm sitting in my bed trying to relax bContinued ...
Francesconi making his mark in field and at plate
With little size or bulk up front, the Whittier Tech boys basketball team probably could have used 6-foot-1, 250-pound forward Ralph Francesconi last winter. But, after two seasons in the basketball program, Francesconi made a difficult decision. "IContinued ...
Area Road Race Calendar
July 26 -- Five-Mile Beach Race (3/4-mile kids race), 6:15 p.m., Salisbury Beach State Reservation, register on Actice.com or on race day starting at 5 p.m. on boardwalk July 26 -- St. Anne's Lakes 5-Miler, 9 a.m., 26 Emerson Ave., Hampstead, call RoContinued ...
- Sports in a minute: Windham's Moynihan named to hockey futures list
- Goetze's full talent on show in winning goal
- Neverman's two-run blast leads Night Owls
- Boys Tennis: Brilliant Broderick named MVP
- This World Cup was terrifically entertaining
- Buchholz tosses three-hit shutout, Sox roll past Astros
- Spinners lose at Fenway Park
- Local Notes
- Bosh 'excited for the challenge'
- Sunday, July 13, 2014
- Girls Tennis: Londonderry's Burbine repeats as MVP
- 'Welcome to our world'
- Brock Star: Rookie Holt a fan favorite on the field but anonymous off it
- Players Weigh In On Their First Major League Homers
- Eagle-Tribune Baseball all-stars
- Local Notes
- Area Baseball Roundup: North Andover Little Leaguers down Andover to capture district title
- Azinger: Swing changes making Woods worse
- Leavitt shoots a record 60 at Atkinson Country Club