The Eagle-Tribune wants to recognize a special group of young men and women ... our local high school team captains. E-mail a picture of team captains to Michael Muldoon at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll run them in the newspaper.
Red Sox invest in their youth, now what's next?
BOSTON — The first major shakeup to the Boston Red Sox' roster happened here yesterday when veteran catcher A.J. Pierzynski was called into Fenway Park at around 11 a.m. and informed that he had been designated for assignment. Expect general managerContinued ...
Baseball has become the national past its time
Since the 1919 Black Sox scandal, two events have shaken baseball to its very core. The first, of course, was the steroid era, which left a permanent stain, making a mockery of the game's beloved records and bringing the sport's integrity into questiContinued ...
Andover names Kuchar as new hockey coach
ANDOVER -- Chris Kuchar used to cover Merrimack Valley teams when he was a part-time sportswriter. Now he will be the one answering questions. Kuchar was named the new head hockey coach at Andover High. Kuchar, who had been coaching the Amesbury HighContinued ...
- Sports in a Minute
- Sox beat ChiSox on Holt walk-off single
- Wednesday, July 9, 2014
- Photo Slide Show: Little League double header
- Andover names Kuchar new hockey coach
- Red Sox designate A.J. Pierzynski for assignment, promote Christian Vazquez
- Red Sox set to release Pierzynski
- Celtics get another first round pick, three players; help Cavs clear cap space
- Feeling a draft: Looking back at 73 years of area draft picks
- Stick with Bradley Jr., he's special
- Sox lose to Chicago
- Local Notes
- Pride of Cape Verde
- Minors: Spinners let on slip away
- Sports in a Minute: Knights' Collins on fire
- Area Roundup: Salem Little League ousts Windham
- Tuesday, July 8, 2014
- Bruins plan to move practices from Wilmington to new facility in Brighton
- Red Sox' offense sinks to new lows in loss to rookie Carroll
- Red Sox invest in their youth, now what's next?