SLIDSHOW: BOOSTER'S TRACK MEET.
Methuen senior, Mike O'Donnell crossed the finish line in the one mile race to capture first place and break a 40 year old Andover Booster's record at Saturday's track meet. O'Donnell's time of 4:17 replaces John Janowski's time of 4:24 who also captured his record breaking time in the mile as a Methuen high senior in 1973. Janowski was there to see the monumental race and congratulated O'Donnell afterward. Methuen's veteran track coach, Roger Fuller coached both outstanding runners.
Eagle-Tribune Boys Track: MVP Adames rules the sprints
Jose Adames never imagined he would be a track star. In fact, heading into his Junior year at Lawrence High he had never even considered going out for the sport. Less than two full years later, the Senior posted some of the top times in area historyContinued ...
C's get first round pick, three players; help Cavs clear cap space
CLEVELAND — The Cavaliers have apparently created salary cap space to make sure they have enough to offer superstar free agent LeBron James a maximum contract. And they can thank the Boston Celtics for their efforts if it happens. The Cavs agreed tContinued ...
Red Sox invest in their youth, now what's next?
BOSTON — The first major shakeup to the Boston Red Sox' roster happened here yesterday when veteran catcher A.J. Pierzynski was called into Fenway Park at around 11 a.m. and informed that he had been designated for assignment. Expect general managerContinued ...
- Baseball has become the national past its time
- Andover names Kuchar as new hockey coach
- Sports in a Minute
- Sox beat ChiSox on Holt walk-off single
- Wednesday, July 9, 2014
- Photo Slide Show: Little League double header
- Andover names Kuchar new hockey coach
- Red Sox designate A.J. Pierzynski for assignment, promote Christian Vazquez
- Red Sox set to release Pierzynski
- Celtics get another first round pick, three players; help Cavs clear cap space
- Feeling a draft: Looking back at 73 years of area draft picks
- Stick with Bradley Jr., he's special
- Sox lose to Chicago
- Local Notes
- Pride of Cape Verde
- Minors: Spinners let on slip away
- Sports in a Minute: Knights' Collins on fire
- Area Roundup: Salem Little League ousts Windham
- Eagle-Tribune Boys Track: MVP Adames rules the sprints