- Easton Street fire leaves nine people homeless; several firefighters suffer heat exhaustion
- Police: Man tried to shoot clerk, but gun malfunctioned
- City officer back after suspension
- Mount Washington closes Salem campus
- $260K more coming to city from man's estate
- Weathering the Storm: Part 1
Suffolk professor stresses importance of knowing customer, and customer knowing you
Professor of Marketing Michael L. Barretti, Suffolk University's director for the Institute of Executive Education, was a longtime businessman before moving into academia in 1997.Continued ...
He began his career after serving in the U.S. military with Polaroid company, then moved into the medical device industry.
Remember the Four P's: Price, promotion, product and place
David Hartstein, founder and CEO of KaBloom flowers, was born in Israel, the son of Holocaust survivors.Continued ...
He came to America in 1982 to attend Suffolk University, then shortly after returned to Israel when his father died.
- VIDEO: David Hartstein shares tips for this economic storm
- VIDEO: Michael Barretti shares tips for this economic storm
- VIDEO: Lu Ann Reeb shares tips for this economic storm
- Thursday, January 22, 2009
- Letter from the publisher: Together we can move ahead
- Get your message out online
- Great salespeople put customers first
- Forget fear: Find ways to excel
- Yes, it's really happening: Now do something about it
- When the going gets tough, the tough keep advertising
- 'Factoring' can help businesses with cash flow when loans are tight
- When evaluating location, review 'SPACE'
- Five strategies for handling the recession
- Build a happy place