- Sunday, March 3, 2013
Spending cuts now in place WASHINGTON -- Severe spending cuts now the law of the land, President Barack Obama and congressional Republicans refused Saturday to concede any culpability for failing to stave off what both parties acknowledged was a fooContinued ...
Study shows new clues linking sleep and health
LOS ANGELES -- Doctors know that being chronically sleep-deprived can be hazardous to your health. Night-shift workers, college crammers and all the rest of us who get less than our fair share of zzz's are more likely to be obese and to suffer cardioContinued ...
Puerto Rico slowly warms to gay rights
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) -- The advance of gay rights across the United States is spreading into Puerto Rico, making the island a relatively gay-friendly outpost in a Caribbean region where sodomy laws and harassment of gays are still common. The gContinued ...
- Thursday, February 28, 2013
- Vatican criticizes campaign against pope
- Van Cliburn, 78, pianist, hero of Cold War, dies
- Tuesday, February 26, 2013
- 2nd major snowstorm paralyzes parts of Midwest
- Balloon crash in Egypt's Luxor kills 19 tourists
- VIDEO: New Jersey 'sea monster' grabs online attention
- Sexting teacher sent more than 4,000 text messages to students
- At Kerry's request, skeptical Syrian opposition will attend Rome talks
- Capt. Kirk gets love in name-Pluto-moons contest
- Monday, February 25, 2013
- Raul Castro gets new term, says it will be last
- All condemn pending budget cuts, spread blame
- Tuesday, February 19, 2013
- Missing boys found ransacking house, drawing on themselves
- Climate contradiction: Less snow, more blizzards
- Sunday, February 17, 2013
- Around the nation
- Finding evidence of ET: Scientists help search for alien life
- Could the next pope come from the United States?
- Monday, February 11, 2013
- Pope to resign Feb. 28, says he's too infirm
- Search for fugitive ex-cop sets region on edge
- Gates says drone strikes should get outside review
- Significant storm damage in Mississippi
- Sunday, February 10, 2013
- Clear sky aids mountain hunt for fugitive ex-cop
- Hadiya Pendleton funeral: 'This should hurt the hearts of every man'
- Hypothetical ancestor causes an evolutionary stir
- Collage art marathon brings artists to Mass.
- Swedish ice pole-sitting contest has 6 winners
- Boeing sends 787 on test flight from Seattle
- Saturday, February 9, 2013
- Hacker gains access to Bush family emails, photos
- No hype with storm; experts call it the real thing