- Sunday, March 3, 2013
Puerto Rico slowly warms to gay rights
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) -- The advance of gay rights across the United States is spreading into Puerto Rico, making the island a relatively gay-friendly outpost in a Caribbean region where sodomy laws and harassment of gays are still common. The gContinued ...
- Thursday, February 28, 2013
Vatican criticizes campaign against pope
VATICAN CITY (AP) -- The honeymoon that Pope Francis has enjoyed since his remarkable election hit a bump Friday, with the Vatican lashing out at what it called a defamatory and "anti-clerical left-wing" media campaign questioning his actions duringContinued ...
Van Cliburn, 78, pianist, hero of Cold War, dies
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- For a time in Cold War America, Van Cliburn had all the trappings of a rock star: sold-out concerts, adoring, out-of-control fans and a name recognized worldwide. He even got a ticker-tape parade in New York City. And he didContinued ...
- Tuesday, February 26, 2013
- 2nd major snowstorm paralyzes parts of Midwest
- Balloon crash in Egypt's Luxor kills 19 tourists
- VIDEO: New Jersey 'sea monster' grabs online attention
- Sexting teacher sent more than 4,000 text messages to students
- At Kerry's request, skeptical Syrian opposition will attend Rome talks
- Capt. Kirk gets love in name-Pluto-moons contest
- Monday, February 25, 2013
- Raul Castro gets new term, says it will be last
- All condemn pending budget cuts, spread blame
- Tuesday, February 19, 2013
- Missing boys found ransacking house, drawing on themselves
- Climate contradiction: Less snow, more blizzards
- Sunday, February 17, 2013
- Around the nation
- Finding evidence of ET: Scientists help search for alien life
- Could the next pope come from the United States?
- Monday, February 11, 2013
- Pope to resign Feb. 28, says he's too infirm
- Search for fugitive ex-cop sets region on edge
- Gates says drone strikes should get outside review
- Significant storm damage in Mississippi
- Sunday, February 10, 2013
- Clear sky aids mountain hunt for fugitive ex-cop
- Hadiya Pendleton funeral: 'This should hurt the hearts of every man'
- Hypothetical ancestor causes an evolutionary stir
- Collage art marathon brings artists to Mass.
- Swedish ice pole-sitting contest has 6 winners
- Boeing sends 787 on test flight from Seattle
- Saturday, February 9, 2013
- Hacker gains access to Bush family emails, photos
- No hype with storm; experts call it the real thing
- Postal Service lost $1.3B
- Friday, February 8, 2013
- Christopher Dorner: An ex-cop bent on exacting revenge