Estabrook said she was shocked for the first hour after her discovery but didn't realize the danger of the situation until nine neighborhood mothers joined her for the previously planned breakfast. She said the group had coffee and hot tea instead - and she was not scared until she realized her children could have discovered the blade in the drink mix and cut themselves, or worse, made a pitcher of iced tea with a razor blade in it.
"A screw or something would be scary, but this is even scarier to find. You just never think it's going to happen to you," she said.
Estabrook said she hasn't bought instant iced tea since her discovery, but if she ever does again, she would sift through the powder before she let anyone drink it.