CARL RUSSO PHOTOS: Because the Coronavirus as put the spring high school sports season on hold, lets look back at a recent basketball game. On February 26, Brooks School defeated St. Mark's 81-25 in girls basketball action during senior night.
Also, just days before the Coronavirus shutdown, on March 8, top-seeded Brooks took down St. Luke’s, 63-47, to claim its first NEPSAC Class B championship since 2006. Sophomores Taina Mair (19 points) and Samantha Dewey (16 points, tourney MVP) led the way to victory.
- Coronavirus: What you need to know
- MAP: Coronavirus cases in the U.S.
- 3 Haverhill firefighters quarantined due to exposure to Cedar's worker who died; probe continues
- Area coronavirus cases: A daily report on the numbers
- Fisherman violating social distancing rule are ordered away from Haverhill's Plug Pond
- Jobless claims continue to skyrocket
- Market Basket orders new social distancing rules
- As revenues plummet, virus spreads, tensions rise
- Business offers free dry cleaning for those on front lines
- Public schools won't be required to extend year
This Week's Circulars
Methuen - Michael J. Bistany, 67, a lifelong resident of Methuen, passed away on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at the High Pointe Hospice House in Haverhill after a long illness. Michael was the son of the late Noble J. and Isabelle (Bistany) Bistany. He attended Methuen Schools and was a graduate…