METHUEN -- Detectives investigating the shooting of a Methuen teen earlier this week have obtained a warrant for the arrest of a Haverhill juvenile on assault and battery and related firearms charges, police said.  

The juvenile is facing charges of assault and battery causing serious bodily injury, armed assault with intent to rob, carrying a loaded firearm, and illegal possession of a firearm without a license, said police Chief Joseph Solomon. 

Detectives and troopers assigned to the state police Violent Fugitive Apprehension Unit were looking for the juvenile Wednesday, Solomon said. 

Sunday at noontime a 17-year-old male living on Davis Road was shot and pushed from a vehicle. 

The teen was first taken to Lawrence General Hospital, where he underwent surgery, and later airlifted to Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston. 

Solomon said the teen has regained consciousness but remains in critical but stable condition. 

Investigators on Monday night recovered the dark-blue 2007 Honda Accord the teen was shot in, police said. 

This is a developing story. Check back to eagletribune.com for updates. A full report will appear online and in Thursday's print edition of The Eagle-Tribune.

Follow staff reporter Jill Harmacinski on Twitter @EagleTribJill.